Les DVD René Chateau

Rubrique consacrée aux DVD de films tournés avant 1980.

Modérateurs : cinephage, Karras, Rockatansky

Jack Carter
Certains l'aiment (So)chaud

Re: DVD René Chateau

Message par Jack Carter »

Commissaire Juve a écrit :
Après, en juillet 2017, il y a eu les Coeurs verts (numérisation 2K, superbe transfert)
ah tiens je cherchais un avis technique sur ce dvd, donc tu confirmes que c'est bien.
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger, 1943)
Commissaire Juve
Charles Foster Kane

Message par Commissaire Juve »

Jack Carter a écrit :
Après, en juillet 2017, il y a eu les Coeurs verts (numérisation 2K, superbe transfert)
ah tiens je cherchais un avis technique sur ce dvd, donc tu confirmes que c'est bien.
Absolument. C'est nickel. Après, artistiquement parlant, faut aimer. C'est une curiosité, mais... :mrgreen:

J'avais laissé un avis ici.
La vie de l'Homme oscille comme un pendule entre la douleur et l'ennui...
rosay
Doublure lumière

Message par rosay »

Quand il n'y en a plus, il y en a encore !

Une nouveauté sur le site René Château :

hammer
Assistant(e) machine à café

Message par hammer »

rosay a écrit :Quand il n'y en a plus, il y en a encore !

Une nouveauté sur le site René Château :

Encore un Film sans intérêt !! Je comprend pas leur choix avec le catalogue qu'il possède, je me doute bien qu'il ne possède pas forcément Tout le matériel en 16/35 mm mais bon...je précise quand même qu'il n'y a aucune critique perso vis à vis de Rosay ! C'est mon avis personnel.
Supfiction
Charles Foster Kane

Re: Sait-on jamais ? (Françoise Arnoul inside)

Message par Supfiction »

J'ai failli le prendre chez un brocanteur et vu les commentaires plus haut.. je passe!
Commissaire Juve
Charles Foster Kane

C'te vieux déterrage ! :mrgreen: A la limite, faudrait "merger" le topic avec celui de René Chateau.

EDIT :
Commissaire Juve a écrit : A la limite, faudrait "merger" le topic avec celui de René Chateau.
Ah ben, ça a été fait. Bravo ! 8)
Old Film Lover
Stagiaire

Message par Old Film Lover »

Bonjour, mes amis. Mon francais, c'est pauvre, c'est mal. J'ecris en anglais.

I am unable to get a contact e-mail address for Rene Chateau Video. The website permits one to join, to order DVDs, etc., but I cannot find a "Contact Us" link that provides an e-mail address. Je voudrais ecrire a Rene Chateau to ask them questions about technical specifications on some DVDs. Can anyone find me a contact e-mail address, so that I can write to them?
Commissaire Juve
Charles Foster Kane

Old Film Lover a écrit : I am unable to get a contact e-mail address for Rene Chateau Video.
You can try this page (you'll find an email address... @wanadoo.fr). Anyhow : 1) the site is currently unavailable ; 2) you won't get any answer !
Supfiction
Charles Foster Kane

Message par Supfiction »

Old Film Lover a écrit :Bonjour, mes amis. Mon francais, c'est pauvre, c'est mal. J'ecris en anglais.

I am unable to get a contact e-mail address for Rene Chateau Video. The website permits one to join, to order DVDs, etc., but I cannot find a "Contact Us" link that provides an e-mail address. Je voudrais ecrire a Rene Chateau to ask them questions about technical specifications on some DVDs. Can anyone find me a contact e-mail address, so that I can write to them?
Les rené chateau ne sont pas sous-titrés en anglais si c’est ça la question. :mrgreen:
Old Film Lover
Stagiaire

Les rené chateau ne sont pas sous-titrés en anglais si c’est ça la question. :mrgreen:

Merci, mais c'est ne qu'une partie de la question. (francais mauvais, peut-etre, mes apologies). Aussi je voudrais apprendre si l'audio est en deux lingues (?), francais et anglais, et aussi to verifier (?) the 100-minute running time.
Commissaire Juve
Charles Foster Kane

Dites donc, les z'aminches : le site René Chateau est inaccessible depuis ce matin (pour moi à tout le moins). Serait-ce le signe que les carottes sont définitivement cuites ?
Old Film Lover a écrit : Aussi je voudrais apprendre si l'audio est en deux lingues (?), francais et anglais
Nope !
... et aussi to verifier (?) the 100-minute running time.
Sur quel film ?
Old Film Lover
Stagiaire

Old Film Lover a écrit : I am unable to get a contact e-mail address for Rene Chateau Video.
You can try this page (you'll find an email address... @wanadoo.fr). Anyhow : 1) the site is currently unavailable ; 2) you won't get any answer !
Merci beaucoup. I registered as a member last week, but did not attempt any purchase or give the organization any financial information. I am glad I didn't! I wonder if the whole operation was a "scam". (How do you render "scam" en francais?) Anyhow, if anyone here has that particular DVD (the Chateau edition of Les Mains d'Orlac), I would like absolute confirmation of:

1. Which spoken languages are available on the DVD;

2. Whether there are English subtitles on the DVD;

3. Whether the running time is really 100 as advertised.

The reason I ask is that I have an Italian DVD of the film which has excellent picture and sound, but only French or Italian audio and only Italian subtitles. I could follow the oral French if I had even French subtitles to help me. English subtitles would be better, but French subtitles would enable me to follow 90% of it. I cannot absorb spoken French fast enough (especially with the 4% PAL speedup), but I can read French half-adequately and use the printed words to compensate for my slowness on the oral side.
Commissaire Juve
Charles Foster Kane

Old Film Lover a écrit : (How do you render "scam" en francais?)
Une arnaque.
Les Mains d'Orlac... I would like absolute confirmation of:

- spoken language : french
- subtitles : none !
I don't know. Be patient, one of us probably has the answer.
Supfiction
Charles Foster Kane

Message par Supfiction »

Old Film Lover a écrit : (How do you render "scam" en francais?)
Une arnaque.
So you are French!

Old Film Lover a écrit :Anyhow, if anyone here has that particular DVD (the Chateau edition of Les Mains d'Orlac), I would like absolute confirmation of:

The reason I ask is that I have an Italian DVD of the film which has excellent picture and sound, but only French or Italian audio and only Italian subtitles. I could follow the oral French if I had even French subtitles to help me. English subtitles would be better, but French subtitles would enable me to follow 90% of it. I cannot absorb spoken French fast enough (especially with the 4% PAL speedup), but I can read French half-adequately and use the printed words to compensate for my slowness on the oral side.
Old Film Lover, I have a bonne nouvelle for you.
(and the running time seems to be really around 100)
Spoiler (cliquez pour afficher)
Old Film Lover
Stagiaire

Old Film Lover, I have a bonne nouvelle for you.
(and the running time seems to be really around 100)
Spoiler (cliquez pour afficher)
[/quote]

Thanks very much for this. I actually had already discovered the YouTube video, but was hoping for a DVD. I don't enjoy watching movies on a computer. However, what I might do is watch it once on the computer, to pick up what I didn't understand, and then go back and watch it again in French on my DVD, on a bigger screen with better image and sound. I will be able to follow the oral francais much more easily after preparation. My high school French is very rusty, but not completely gone.

It is mysterious how the person who posted the YouTube video acquired the English subtitles. That is why I suspected that there must exist a DVD version somewhere with English subtitles. I suppose it is possible that the poster inserted them himself. But that would be a lot of work!

Merci beaucoup to you and everyone else who has provided information regarding this. If anyone ever does come across a version with English or even French subtitles, I would be grateful if they would post the information here, or send me a private message (if the system here permits that).
Répondre